Interview with Halima, 11 years old, who sews for Hanes.
Reblogged from: globallabourrights
This is absolutely heartbreaking. I could only watch 4 minutes of this before I had to press pause. Exploiting children to make money disgusts me.
Today, I’m going to check out the link above to Global Labour Rights to learn more about what I can do to help children like Halima. And I’m going to stop buying Hanes products.
Mission: To educate individuals on various issues of social injustice such as world poverty, clean water, sickness, human trafficking, homelessness, the environment, and oppression.
Founder(s): David & Lauren Ranzino
Get Involved: Check out the action page on their website.
Another beautiful non-profit organization to follow.
Have to add this to my charities list!
(Source: , via humantraffickingexists)
I hope that more charities will be joining tumblr’s ranks, so in an effort to raise awareness of different organizations and their missions, I’m creating a list of these groups & their tumblr presence!
- Doctors Without Borders
- For Japan With Love: Raising awareness & money for Japan relief efforts
- The Charity Tube: Humanitarians & YouTube join forces
- Care Movement: Bringing news of people in need to those who want to help
- Twenty Project: A personal music & art project, raising money for charity: water
- Stop World Hunger: Raising awareness of world hunger
- Human Trafficking Exists: Bringing awareness to the fact that slavery still exists today
- Global Labour Rights: Putting a human face on the global economy
- Voiceless Victims: A personal project hoping to encourage people to change things for those who cannot speak for themselves; submissions are welcome!
- 5 Minutes for Change: Changing the world in 5 minutes or less; how to make a difference in the world - many types of issues, many ways to help
- WaterBytes: A two-week project created by Penn State Brandywine honors’ scholars. The goal? To raise awareness of global water issues through podcasts, twitter & social bookmarking.
- The Voice of Humanity
- Global Health
- Global Water Challenge
- Operation Blessing
- H2O Journal
- Sierra Club
- Be The Change
- Teachers Worldwide
- To Write Love on Her Arms
- Firemen’s Relief
- The Trevor Project: The leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention to LGBTQ youth.
- First Book: Access to New Books for Children in Need
- Start Some Good Blog
- Harm Reduction Coalition: A national advocacy and capacity-building organization that promotes the health and dignity of individuals and communities impacted by drug use.
- Live for Others: A community-run blog associated with “Bless,” a Christian charity working to build a better future for Europe.
- Unified Theater: An organization that helps to create student-led theater groups that let young people with and without disabilities shine.
- Good Neighbors USA
- Cambodian Kids Foundation
- Cure Thrift Shop
- Robin Hood: Targeting Poverty in NYC
- Positive Collective
- First Books
That’s all I could find… I would love to see more charities flock to tumblr (charity: water, water.org, Three Avocados, Courtney’s House, One Day’s Wages, etc.). If you have any to add to the list, please comment below!
Edit 7/31 - I need to catalogue/better organize this list… hang tight!